So Called Life - Chapter 2 the sequel

Do you know how it is like when you expect something to happen one way, and it eventually happens the way you would never predict it to happen, however it doesn't
mean that it certainly has to be in a good way.

Do you know how it is like, when your parents want you to become a certain person with a certain job?
Well I personally do not. My father’s only wish for me is to get a job, a good one of course, where I can get a very good salary, and a car. That is it.
He does not want me to be a lawyer, do you know why?
Because he claims that I will not make a good one, and that I am not the person who can suit a job like that.

Rachel wants to be an accountant, she believes that it is a good job, and I certainly agree with her opinion, and there is no doubt that she will get a very nice paycheck at the end of the month.
However, is that paycheck is that important?
I mean we live in the century, where the money is the only thing that matters, I mean where is the joy of waking up with a smile on your face because of the new day, going to a work you love and not because of the paycheck. It’s not even that healthy to wake up in the morning all stressed up and exhausted, and that’s in order to do your job like you forced to, and get the paycheck, which from the first place would never be enough.

I mean my father never told me to follow my dreams.
Isn't following your our dreams the greatest goal that we have in life?

I have an aunt, who is a psychiatrist, a very good one. She spent 10 years from her life in order to study the human brain, thoughts, emotions etc.
When I asked her for an advice about me becoming a movie producer, Instead of getting that answer I was longing to hear, the desired answer that I have been playing in my head so many times, I have gotten a cold answer and it was all around the money thing, as if you cannot be the person you want to be because you can not get a good profit from it. “It’s not that developed here, you should not waste your time.” That is what she said.
Therefore, that means I could never live my dream, because I will not get any profit from that.
What a cruel world.

Comments