PARADOX - chapter [1]

As you've already figured that out, my name is Dylan and I'm a 23-year-old gal. 
I'm still living with my folks at their house. It's so frustrating to be stuck with them. 
I change my jobs on the daily basis, can't stick to a single one.
All my pals from childhood had disappeared like they had never been there. 

I'm an aspiring song writer gal, I've written for years. 
I remember being 10 years old, While I was sitting at the back of my daddy's Korean Hyundai I was reading a not existing (these days) youth newspaper with a huge article regarding Britney Spears. I remember asking my dad: "Daddy do you think that songwriters earn a lot of money? Do you think it's hard to sell a song to a big pop singer?" 
I'm not quite sure what my dad had answered me at that time, but I was sure it's my destiny. 

Years passed by and I've totally forgotten about that this old and sad dream of mine. I keep going on mumbling that I don't have a dream and I don't know what to do.

Recently, I talked with this jewelry designer lady who told me that she had a dream of buying this mannequin doll for sewing. She wanted it the old school kind.
This lady has asked me "Do you have some desired dream or a wish?" 
I've answered her "not in particular but I know the feeling". 

How could I possibly know if I had not any wishes or dreams? 
Maybe it's because I had those dreams but buried them really deep in the deep ground.
 I was thinking how a girl like me with no talent at all could be a song writer?
So now, I'm living my life day to day, enjoying the little things.
I'm working near a gas station; it's funny that when I walk by it and look at the skies enjoying the "fresh air". Yeah right? Not fresh but with a good morning feeling clinging to it, most definitely. 
Today I woke up to another enthusiastic day at the office. Right now, I'm working as the assistant manager at this big company, and I don't have a clue what actually they're doing. 
I'm helping with ordering office supplies and preparing for my boss's future presentation. 
I don't tend to stick to one place, so human interaction at the work place doesn't really bother me that much.

Comments