"False promises"

Why did you say that you'd be there?
Why did you step in and then disappeared?
You told me that I have a choice to make,
You told you'd guide me through,
I blindly followed you into the dark,
Now I'm left out on the bare cold ground,
Please pull me up from drowning in this muddy mound,

You told me that I have a choice to make,
So I ran to look for my own truth,
I knew I had to make myself from scrap,
I blindly believed you'd guide me through,
I was collecting your promises,
Without any cautions,
Not knowing these are future thorns for me to bleed from,

Why would you make false promises?
Without any cautions i sank in,
Why did you step in and then disappear?
I was left behind still looking for my safety net.
I guess you've made your shot,
You saw me looking for thorns, not for real hopes.
You appeared and then disappeared just in time to see me hurt
You had my system shut,

Are you happy now?
I'm pulling myself from scrap again.
I'm not waiting for anyone to pull me through,
I'd be bleeding realizing my hopes,
Not realizing your thorns.
Not anymore.




Comments