So Called Life - Chapter 9

5.12.06
I woke up early in the morning all sweaty, I couldn’t remember if I had a nightmare, but I sure did, when I looked at the mirror I saw a horrible reflection. After taking a shower I changed my clothes and got down the stairs to the kitchen on the way I grabbed my breakfast and heard my mom yelling something from the living room, I quickly opened the door and jumped on my bike.
My bike were pink and rusty but I liked them, they were special to me, and I don’t care what everybody else may think about me because of them, because people think that objects you have represents you, and it has it's pieces of truth I won't deny it, because it does represent my personality, but there are people who doesn’t see it like me, they have a different point of view.
I still had Josh on my mind, but I made myself to forget him, ok maybe not made myself but forced, really it's almost the same. On the way I met Danny we always ride together to school, even though the hill we need to get on in order to get the school is so steep, ha-ha I remember the joke he always used to tell me so that I'll stop whining, it goes like this: It's either going to the fitness club or this, choose the one you prefer, you know my answer I'd prefer the easiest one the one that no one will make me do it," but you got the double meaning right?", I always giggle when he adds that sentence, and I always say "yeah I do", he always got this crazy yet amusing thoughts in his mind and I like that, it's one of the reasons we're friends, and yes there's a story behind that but it'd be toid later.
When we got to school I took a deep breath as a sign of relief, another miserable day I thought to myself, another day of signing who ever wanted to participate, and as the days went there were less and less people who enter until there were zero entries.
As I entered the library I sighed because there were almost no students excepts the one's on the computer, it's such a shame that there's almost none students who actually use the library for reading, I went straight to librarian lady and I said hi and asked how she was today, and she said that's everything ok and asked me how many participants did I signed, I shrugged and answered " less than I expected", It was a white lie, because I did expected that It's what going to happen so I was not surprised at all. I know I said I got many entries on the first day but then as the days passed I almost gone none, so I thought maybe I'll participate too, it will not harm anybody that's for sure.
Due to my long stay at the library I was late to my English lesson, my teacher said something me, but I didn’t really listen and went straight to my desk. Today we learnt a story or a song, but I don’t quite sure, it was I think about a rich man who everyone else thought that he was living the good life because he was rich oh there she added the word happy, yeah right if he's rich therefore he must be really happy she's so delusional, like I didn't know it.
What happened in the end was that the man hang up himself and died, and everyone was surprised and paralyzed because how come such thing can happen to a so rich and happy person, I guess not only my teacher was delusional.
However, I got the message the poet or writer or whatever that was trying to convey, I hope my teacher understood too because she was nearly devastated by the fact that he did such thing, like if it was her first time teaching that poem or story or whatever.
Afterwards she promised us that she's going to teach us wonderful Shakespeare poems, and I almost screamed of joy, because I just can't help it I just adore his work, he's such an amazing writer, poet or whatever. I wonder if we get to see "Antigone" this year, if we do it'd be amazing because I loved the book of the play.
After English I headed straight to my history class, I've not listened again but I did hear some parts about the war world 2, and how Hitler was furious to take over Austria and such kind of stuff. I don’t know why but history fascinates me, but unfortunately not today.

Comments