'overhelmed'

There are words you are afraid to say out loud,
There are emotions that you're afraid to sound,
The same melody,
The fear and pain, drained color on your face
I can't do this anymore, I cannot chase,
The one that had to leave me on my own
Pretending strong and wise is only a disguise,
The undescribed feeling you caused me
Left me overwhelmed.

The long cold night with full moon shining from above,
I put myself in a position with no back door,
I have no place to go
The fear of telling what my heart whispers me to
The fear of getting to know another side, the side
That can turn my life upside down.

Speechless, looking as you go away,
I remember the short passages you wrote me,
The words that made me laugh, the words that made me see,
That I'm not alone anymore,
For the first time you reached your hand
And I was not afraid to grab it back.

Comments