So Called Life - Chapter 13

My eyes are closed. I see the dim light in my head, I want to reach it, to turn it off, and I can't wake up, not now.
How can I live with the knowledge of the past itching in the back of my head? I can't stop questioning myself, where did I go wrong. The long pierced look on his face I try to erase from my memory. I'm falling apart; I feel my body soaring with every move I make.
It's hard to make a move forward. "Rose!!" …someone shouted my name but I didn’t care. "Get down here right now missy". Now I was wondering what my mom want from me now, it's a hard thing to satisfy her, she is never happy with me. It seems like the amount of complaints she has towards me grow by day.
I tried to jump out of my bed and BANG, that was a really bad idea, I knocked my head on the closet, the bruise probably is going to be really blue, but whatever, this is going to be another reason to make my mom roar at me.
"Rose what were you thinking putting your dirty shoes on my furniture?"
"Excuse me mom that I put my all stars for exactly a minute on your furniture in order to tie them, it's not like I made any harm to it, want me to clean it?"
"Here you see? That's me cleaning" – I took a corner of my shirt and cleaned the drawer
with it – only then I think I was sure for the first time in a long time that I'll turn deaf soon – she screamed her throat out – ouch it must hurt, because I took her clean new ironed shirt and made it dirty and scrawny.

Comments