"Sorry"

The below new poem talks about a woman who had a depression or has a mental illness, due to her state she thought her husband doesn't love her anymore and drifted apart.
Then she realized her fault, it took her time to really say sorry, and for her husband to realize that she is fine and to welcome her back.

Sorry for the sleepless nights
Sorry for the rigidity road that is still ahead
Sorry for not holding your hands
Sorry for not making amends

I've said sorry for so many times
I've said sorry when the leaves turned green
I've said sorry when the leaves turned yellow

He looked up at the skies above
He hasn't recognized me, no more
He has left our memories at the shore
The shore where I've asked for forgiveness
The shore where we once made love at
The shore where we first met at
I couldn't get you for so long
I thought that we were drifting apart
I felt no more
My mind was shut
I blamed you for all along

When the moment struck me
I knew my momentum was gone
I knew saying sorry is useless
I had to try it anyway

When the flowers started to bloom again
He looked at me and said
Thanks for coming back home
Thanks for not losing hope



Comments