"Mind on repeat"

I have been on a long run
I was on the run from the world
I was trying to get a hold
A hold of myself
A hold of you

Ahead I saw your face
Your familiar features
Ahead I saw a random person
It was not you
Yet again I pasted your features
On someone else's

Why would I give up on all those chances
All the chances I could have kept you close
All the chances I could have decreased the remorse

Instead, i look ahead and choose someone  randomly
I'm on a total loose
I'm going looking for someone
Looking for one to put my mind on repeat
To put my mind to restless sleep

I want my mind to repeat the moments
The moments I have said hello
The short moments in time I didn't hold myself back
I bet you were taken aback
I held you tight and didn't let you go

Ahead I saw your face
Your familiar features
Ahead I saw a random person
And yet it wasn't you
I longed to hold you in my arms again
I knew there was a moment in time
I didn't want to repeat
the moment when you slipped away
The moment I let you sway

I was on the loose
Looking for random person
I longed to paste your features
On someone's' else's face
I was looking for living my life on repeat
I wanted so badly to be at peace






Comments

KaviTheBlogger said…
Nice poem. If you keep on improving your knowledge on english, you will definitely rise as a good poet!
Julie said…
Thanks a lot for your kind comment! I was wondering if no one really read my blog.
Do you have any suggestion for improvement for this one? Was my grammar really bad?