"Like the pheonix"

You have asked why did I smile
Why did I go the extra mile
I told you that I've surrendered
I've taken all the guards off, with you
I've been shaken up and blown apart
Why have you shattered the guard of my heart?

I told you that I've surrenderd
I've been falling apart
You came in and lifted me up
You came with the map
With all the routes straight to my heart
You have made my system restart

Just like the phoenix
I've risen from the burnt ashes
Just like the phoenix
I have opted to start again
But I wasn't afraid

I told you that I've surrendered
I've been shattered and you have pulled me together
That's why I went the extra mile
That's why I kept up the smile

You came up, with all the routes directed straight to my heart
You have shattered me apart
You have built me up
Like the phoenix, I've risen from the ashes
Like the phoenix, I had a new fresh start

Comments