TAEYEON 태연_ I (feat. Verbal Jint) m/v review

Hey guys!

At first, I'd like to say that I'm not really a SNSD fan, i do like their recent songs and  I've been listening to "lionheart" on repeat, i really liked the video and the 60's kind of feeling to it.
I had no clue that Taeyeon was meaning on releasing her solo album. That's how clueless i were regarding doings of the members of that group.

So lets talk about her first single and m/v - "I".
I loved that it was filmed in the most gorgeous New Zealand scenery, if not the music then the scenery took your breath away for 100%.
According to wiki, Taeyeon did co wrote the lyrics to that song, which is amazing! i love when artists put their soul into their music, it's more authentic like that.
However, i was wondering how could she personally relate to the storyline the m/v pictured?
I mean i liked the idea of breaking free of your normal routine life while working as a waitress at some restaurant you weren't exactly been treated good and that feeling of like that you want to freeze time and push back, leave all that you have behind, and kind of run away and just like sink into the world around you, because like she said her "life is a beauty", i mean, i had that feeling all the time.

I once also witnessed a butterfly metaphorically speaking and wanted to leave my job and just travel. However, it's not that easy as it seems in the video, maybe she tried to encourage others to do so?

It's just interesting that a girl that accomplished it all, she has traveled the world, but still had that kind of feeling in her guts that she wanted to put it for other to read and hear in her lyrics. Maybe she felt that way in the days before her debut or on some days s when he had only debuted as part of SNSD.
I have to say that her voice is mesmerizing and has a potential to pull off the higher notes, which is pretty cool.

Over all, I'm so happy that she has released such an empowering song with such lyrics.
We all need to remind ourselves that we can always break free and just be and enjoy our beautiful world.


Comments