The unknown

It's dim outside,
I'm fighting with urge to close my eyes.
Staying still in the same position,
It seems like forever since the first dawn,
I cannot wait longer, not now,
I cannot hold the trigger, no more,
One simple push and I am gone

I can sense the threshold,
It's not that far away, one single reach,
One single reach and I'm going to be closer,
Closer to you,
The fright is going to fade,
There's no such thing as fear,
As far as I'm concerned it's you that I'm afraid to lose,
And not the other way around,

The mist is not fully gone,
The will to pull what seemed so wrong,
Is what you feared the most, but no more?
There's a crack you must hold onto,
It's you and I that must take the leap,
Jump to the frozen water,
It's not the fear that deceived us,
But the unknown

Comments