So Called Life - Chapter 11

There's always a way to figure out what to do, but now I'm lost. I can't put the feeling I feel altogether, he's leaving, I'm staying.
I lost so much time, that I could have spent with him. I can easily be pessimistic and go on and on about how bad I feel, instead I decided I will choose the alternative, I'm going to be optimistic as much as I can in this particular situation.
I logged to my instant messenger and saw that he's online.
"hey, what's up", I asked him, "not much you know I'm still quite in shock that you felt so much and hid it all from me for such a long time, you're seriously someone I admire, I mean I could not have done the same if I were you. There's a brick wall that stands in between us now. You know that I feel certain feelings towards you too, but those are just feelings, I don’t want to make you miserable, it would be too hard for me to handle. I think this separation is going to be something good, we are going to be away from each other. I mean the distance is going to be a challenge but we will be always in touch, I promise to write you every day we are going to work it out.
I've never told you that, I'm not like you, it's harder for me, I really care about you too, do you think that if you weren’t that important for me I would have spent so much time with you?, lets see what happens, maybe the feelings are going to change."
I was so distracted by his whole speech that I has not realized that carol entered my room; she put some of her homework on my desk, waiting silently for me to see her. I wonder how long has she been here, probably not too much. However, when I looked at the time of the last message I received it was 5.05 pm and now its 5.25 pm, gosh it's been 20 minutes since he wrote this, and I've not replied yet. I guess I don’t know what to answer I mean he's right. If I were an outsider, and would have seen all that, that happened between Josh and I and then go to my neighbor and say that I love him, and all that was going on with the other one was just a disguise.
I would probably think that it's a very strange love triangle, and that the girl couldn’t be less assertive. I hope that distance will work its magic, and I'm still going to feel the same, I better be, because if not, I'm going to be more confused than ever.

I looked at Carol; she was reading some book for homework the "Snow White" for the accuracy. Nice plot, but I didn’t get the ending, the happily ever after, the writers feed little children with those stories, and the children seems to believe in it, I mean every girl believes that she is going to find her prince charming. Prince charming could be anyone, he is going to be the one you define as the one, but gosh relationship is very hard, you've to work on it, it's not that easy.
There's a possibility that your prince charming is in front of you but you decide not see him, it's not your choice. I believe that when you establish your personality and know exactly what you are; prove everyone else that you on your own as an individual. Only then you can see that prince charming that may have been there all along but you weren't ready to see him.

Comments