TOKYO, Japan - 17.9.17

Our last full day in Tokyo was a memorable one.
In the morning my friend Vera wanted to check out Tokyo Imperial Palace, we were so excited to check it out. However, it turned out to be a hard task to find the Palace, so we chose to wander around the mesmerizing Imperial palace's gardens instead.




The weather was quite moody and raining nonstop and it turned out that it was actually a typhoon that day, it kind of felt like the weather was crying due to our upcoming departure.

I was trying to take pictures while holding the umbrella, and as a clumsy person, it was not an easy task at all.

We met a foreign person that looked for the palace and asked for guidance as the Google Maps app led him to a dead end,
My friend shared some of her theories regarding the potential location of the palace and wished him luck.
Unfortunately, we didn't find the palace, even didn't see it from afar.
We hoped that nice stranger actually managed to find it.

After a long stroll of few hours I was soaked to my bones and hungry so we went to look for food.
While I was looking for a place to eat near me (great google feature you guys, got addicted to it) Subway (sandwich fast-food chain) was near and as a vegetarian was really ecstatic as it meant I had something to eat.

We went to Subway to get some food and get warmed up, it was a cozy branch and it was a pleasant lunch for us.
I really had grown fond of Subway in Japan, but I must add that to my distaste their sweet drinks such as orange and so tasted pretty bad and had a bad chemical taste to it, it was like I was drinking food color powder of some bad kind.
After lunch, we wandered a bit at a place that was kind of an underground mall, which was nice.
After looking around for a bit we decided to go to Ginza.
In Ginza we went to one of the biggest branches of UNIQLO fashion store, it was like 8 stories high mall,  I mean it took us forever to go through all the floors, was insane.
I must add that Ginza is so beautiful and there are many big brands such as Chanel, of course, most of these brands I could not afford but it was nice to stroll in such neighborhood.
Ginza at night



Comments