"Sad love story"

I'm dancing along to the music,
That's playing in my mind,
The rhythm is making my body move to its beat,
I can't stop, just move along the melody,
Wishing to have you dancing right beside,
Why can't I let these memories aside?
Why would I only recall you through that same tune?
Why can't I be immune?

I keep moving to the melody of our hearts,
When did it all begin?
Just like every love story starts,
You captured me right then with a single gaze,
Since, I've been living in a haze,

Our eyes met and it was like magic,
A magic moment in our sad love story,
We were living like on a deserted island,
We were its only inhabitants,
We were dancing to our heart rhythms,
We didn't know that we already were imagining our bittersweet end,

Once our eyes met, we already felt its bittersweet taste,
It was one single magical moment,
A magical moment that has its bittersweet end,

The moment our tune ended,
I smiled because I knew I needed to let you go,
I let go of your hand and waited until the moment you were no longer in sight,
I held all the emotions in, with all my might,
I've never realized I have been yet another character in another sad love story,
All that I was left with was the sweet memory,
Of our hazed gaze and the dance under light pouring rain,
Just like the only inhabitants of a deserted island,
Our hearts also once shared a sweet,
Bittersweet sound.

Comments