PARADOX - chapter [1] the beginning

My name is Dylan Richter. My whole life I've hated my name. My folks were huge fans of Bob Dylan and also liked the ocean very much – so it was the most suitable name for their first newborn. While growing up, people always treated me as a cute boy when I was a girl. I could never understand parents who choose extraordinary names for their kids. Why do they decide to torment their kids like that? What's wrong with mainstream names? While growing up, I've noticed the evil actions of people who surround me. By evil I mean that tormenting questions people tend to ask – what are you going to do with your life? What will you do for a living? After high school I lost my path. My father kept reminding me that his co workers adored me and saw a bright future ahead of me – how can't a clever girl conquer it all? But the painful part is that they've actually misunderstood me. The same way I always have misunderstood my parents – grownups had really misunderstood me. The nonstop expectations from our society made me totally numb.

Comments