scattered pages - new poem

What holds you back?
I know I need to let go,
The real reason I live in the past,
The main reason that keeps me back
There's a piece of me, I am afraid to lose,
There's a piece of me that defined what I was,

The fog surrounds me,
I can't see my way out, it's too late,
There's a piece of me that I have not lost,
That piece that stops me from moving on,

The main reason I keep searching for
The rays of the sun,
Is the glimpse of pain that makes me move,
I'm scared of what might happen,
The scattered pages of my life
I sense that silence that surrounds me
The peaceful view of what I could've achieved,
The scattered dreams
I forgot
There's a piece of me that still recalls,
There's a piece of me that still longs,
For the happily ever after,
For the day i'd have the guts
To fulfill what was written
In those scattered pages that once were my dreams.

Comments