"We change"

It can take us a while
It can take us an eternity
As it might seem at first
To notice the faults

It takes a while
To put our needs first
We tend to close our eyes too often
We tend to push our own boundaries

At the end, we change
We change not because we are broken
We change because with the faults of others
We come to realize our owns

You were the best part of my day
But you no longer keep defining me
I don't see us a package deal anymore
It's now you and me
We are  now two distinct identities
From two distinct lunar systems

I don't know why have I endured for so long
I don't know what the future holds for the both of us
I know that I'm not a part of you anymore
I'm entitled to my own happiness

Now I'll learn again to be on my own
I'll go with what my heart tells is right
I'll choose a route that you might
Not take along
That's OK,  just because,
I'm not defined by you anymore





Comments