Getting Inspired

On Thursday the 15th of may i happened to visit Microsoft company. 
The company organized a special event for female students that major in some kind technology related degree. I'm learning MIS = management information systems. Lets say that i really suck at programming and i don't really get programming languages.
You can say that I'm silly, how can i major in this degree if i hate computers?
Well, i love gadgets and i love new technologies- and the most important is that someday  I'd like to receive a paycheck that will allow me to live by myself and not starve to death.




My first year so far was tough and interesting. I don't know if i will ever work in this field.
However, i was desperate to start learning - as i was feeling like all my brain cells turned gray.

At this event we the female students were fortunate to meet the managing director of Microsoft in the US - Jennifer Chayes.


She's one of the most fabulous ladies I've ever met.
I was astonished by the speech she gave to us - she spoke about her life from her early days till now.
How she liked math and physics and was always an eager learner.
This woman happened to come across this huge company - and with no skills in the computers field - she managed to learn and evolve. While, listening to her i kept smiling because she was like a female version of the comedian Jay Leno and others that work at the live night talk shows.

I wish she will publish a book with her women encouragements quotes.
Jennifer - fighting :) (yep, I'm quite addicted to this word due to k-dramas)

Comments