"choice"

You found me shaking
Your embrace was so soothing and warm,
But it was not what I was looking for
I was waiting for you to tell me
That everything is going to be alright
Even though I knew it was all a lie

Lying in your laps, looking at the bridge,
No matter how many times you'll try to save me,
I knew I was already dead inside,
You tried so much to be there beside,
But you couldn’t restore what had already been done,

My changing moods, the downfalls,
Everything around constituted demolition,
I just couldn’t picture myself living in this so called reality,
It seemed too fiction,

I was slipping away,
Those seconds I pictured your undeniable care,
Your compassion and heartwarming whispering voice,
I couldn’t point at a reason why it happened,
Even though I wanted so badly to run in backwards,
I knew it was impossible to change the past,
The only thing was to move on, and that was my only choice.

Comments